Seeking homes in Kansas City, MO

10 Replies

We are Dane & Rita Hutchins, real estate investors and Big Pockets Pro members in Orange County, CA.

We're seeking multiple buy & hold B+ properties in the Kansas City, MO area. Specifics:  3 bedrooms 2 full baths, under $100K. Some rehab or upgrades preferred, so we can build in additional equity.  Seeking investor friendly agent and lender in the KC area.

@Lee Ripma I am looking for similar opportunities as Dane. Would you mind if I send you a PM? I would love to connect and hear about your store and success as an investor in KC! I have started to do some ground work and have done preliminary research on KC, but still working to develop my team and would love to get your feedback.

Best of luck to you in your adventure! I’m am an investor Realtor with a team of 13 agents. Let me know if we can be of any help to you!

3/2 B+ for under 100k will be a nice find.

Doing my due diligence for the KCMO area, checked crime stats on CrimeReports.com and was surprised that the city listed 950 crime reports in the past 15 days! Makes me wonder if I really want to invest here. Your thoughts?! Any advice? 

Originally posted by @Dane Hutchins :

Doing my due diligence for the KCMO area, checked crime stats on CrimeReports.com and was surprised that the city listed 950 crime reports in the past 15 days! Makes me wonder if I really want to invest here. Your thoughts?! Any advice? 

Crime isn't high across the entire KC metro. Like any other city, I guess. If you're in a B+ area like you desire, you shouldn't have any worries. You're challenge will be obtaining them at 100k or less.

Good point @Dustin Beam.  www.niche.com can show the safest neighborhoods in a metro area and KCMO has several good areas with low crime rates and higher-quality schools.  I'll look you up and buy you a coffee or a beer next time I'm in town!  (grin)

check out neighborhood scout also have some good referrals if you want them message me

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.