Votes
Linda R Harley
  • Lawrenceville, GA
Votes |
Atlanta Market Opportunity

Linda R Harley
  • Lawrenceville, GA
Posted Feb 15 2018, 06:34

Hi all, I'm new to BiggerPockets, and have been listening to the Podcasts.  There is a ton of great info in there and I'm enjoying learning about real estate investment.  

I live in the Atlanta, GA area, and have been trying to do some research on the market opportunity in the area, but have come across some conflicting information. Some articles I've read said Atlanta is a hot place to get into real estate investing, because there is a shortage of homes available, while others have said that Atlanta is a poor place to invest compared to other cities because of increased costs for labor, rehab, etc. 

I was wondering what the BP community thinks and what they would advise.

My current goal is to get as quickly as possible to ~25 single homes (which is predominant in my market, not a lot of multifamily homes currently in the market) that I hold and rent, as the profit from this would be enough to supplant my current salary, allowing me to go full time into real estate. Is this doable in the Atlanta market?

I know this is a broad question, but I'm just looking for peoples opinions on whether they'd go for it.

Thanks in advance.

Linda

Loading replies...