Question for DFW Wholesalers

3 Replies

Been searching through posts to get a clear picture on the wholesale funding process. I am reading that some wholesalers use transactional funding to do a double closing and some buyers use the C Buyers funds. It appears there would be added costs by using transactional funding vs using C Buyer funds. Assuming that assigning is not a desired option, what are the determining factors in choosing to use transactional funding vs using C Buyers funds? On the surface it would appear that using C Buyer funds is always cheaper and achieves the same result but transactional funding exist for a reason. Is it Title Company driven, TREC driven, privacy driven, or personal preference driven? Please educated me. Thanks! 

Maybe I posted at a bad time or maybe this is a bad question. Nevertheless, I am trying this again :)

I think you're over thinking all of it.  It's quite easy just bring me a deal, assign the contract over to me and you get paid.  Pretty simple!!  If your concerned about the C buyer knowing how much you made, don't be.  I've paid out $20+K and my only concern is that my numbers work.

I am not concerned about the C Buyer knowing what I am making. I would like to understand why some people are using transactional funding and some are using C Buyer funds. Why are people incurring the transactional funding fee if they can use C Buyer funds? There has to be logic behind that. I am not an experienced wholesaler so that is why I am asking the questions. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.