Turnkey purchasing from the pros

4 Replies

When purchasing turnkey do you guys use a realtor on your end? Do you negotiate the price or is it more a take it or leave it at this price?

@Shiv Jey technically everything is negotiable but you also have to look at reality.

You probably won’t need a realtor for a turnkey transaction (I’ve never used one, but I guess you can use one).

Most reputable turnkey providers have more demand for their product then they have supply. This means that you can probably ask for a couple grand off the price but most likely they won’t accept this (varies by provider). Long story short if you won’t pay the price someone else likely will, usually within a couple days.

Feel free to PM me if you want and I can walk you through my experiences so far.

@Shiv Jey Right now most good turnkey - cash flowing markets - are seller's markets.  So, while some might negoiate the price, most solid companies will not right now.  You don't need a realtor to buy turnkey, but you do need to do your due diligence on the company, on the people who run the company and on any particular property you are considering.

Sorry to be sarcastic, but I dont think the 'pros' buy turnkey

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here