Jacksonville, FL Market

5 Replies

Has anyone had any success or failures in the Jacksonville, FL market? Most of the articles and reports I read rank it as a good place to invest, but the taxes and Insurance are rather high to me. Looking forward to your thoughts and insight,

Mike

Hey Michael, what area are you comparing jax taxes and insurance to? Im from south Florida I know the taxes and insurance there are way more than here in jax. 

Taxes are high in Florida and Insurance after the Hurricane last year went up,  I have a lot of friends doing great investment on Jax now,  good luck 

(786)-529-4075

@Michael Jones We bought our first property in Jacksonville last year and insurance is much lower than here in Miami.  I agree taxes are high but around the same we pay here. We are happy with our first buy and hold and we are currently looking for more properties in the area. Just stay away from 32210 and 32209 codes. At least that is what we are doing. Wish you all the best!

Is 32210 really bad? Or only some parts of it? How's the area close to Cedar Hills Estate in 32210?

@Michael Jones - Taxes are not high here in NE Florida our mil rate is very affordable in most of the county and understandably higher at the beaches. What is very high in Florida is car insurance, mostly because of our neighbors in South Florida, but hey, it is what it is. I can get property insured here in Jax/32205 for $0.60 per sq ft. So it pays to call around and ask for insurance. 

@Deepanshu Madan 32210 is fine, it features some of the wealthiest homes in Jacksonville, but it too is a big zip code. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.