How do you manage rental property in different state?

3 Replies

so, you live in the different state and have or plan to have rental property somewhere else (maybe even your dream place). How do you manage and under what rules you would even buy property in other states? As far as going with rent, you can use Quick pay and other forms of rent application. But what about fixing the property if a tenant complains or just general that is needed you to be present at the premises and deal with the problem?

When I lived in California I bought rental properties in Wa. I used a local property manager recommended by the realtor it presented no problems after a short initial training period. Just make sure the PM is reliable and trustworthy. I would not do it without capable people on the ground.

Of course it make a sense. What experience you already had that you decided to invest  in different states? It took some nerves and uncertainties for us to invest in our first property (4 units rental appt) I have to admit it was best decision we could make to better our future. We are still new and learning but we like what we do, and look forward to invest in real estate business.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.