Direct mailing letter: General vs. Specific (delinquent taxes)?

2 Replies

I have found a local real estate investor who is currently delinquent on his property taxes on at least 8 multi-family properties that he currently owns. I have a good address for the owner & want to send a yellow letter.

My question: do I send a general letter simply stating that I'm interested in purchasing the property & request that he call, or do I mention the tax delinquency & let him know that I'd like to help him solve this problem. I know there are pro's & con's to each, just looking for more experienced opinions as I've never done a direct mailing.

I'm currently house-hacking my first duplex & am looking to make my next move. Ideally, I'd like to seller-finance one or two of his properties to start but am open to private money or other alternative exit strategies.

@Heather Moore I think a general letter will do. You could even skip trace him and give him a call. it will probably work faster, and you will not have to wait as long to know his responce. I don't know how competitive your market is, but I am sure he has been contacted already about selling if he is behind on taxes. Hope this helps,

This post has been removed.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.