paid for a list, 250 potential leads, now what?

4 Replies

Hi everyone,

So I am new to Real Estate! I have been watching videos, reading articles etc. In an attempt to learn enough about wholesaling to get started. I finally decided to take some kind of action. I bought a list of 250 potential sellers. But now I am feeling like maybe I started this thing backwards. I have phone numbers and mailing addresses for all 250 people. However, I am not sure if Its totally crazy to map out times to call all of these potential leads. And even if i did, what I would say exactly. Or if I should use some sort of direct mailing system. And again, if I do that...where to order it from or if i should do it myself. Can anyone pass on any suggestions? Any advice would help at this point. I just want to get started before I sike myself out of it. This is something that I really want to do. Thanks in advance,

Jessica Brown

Originally posted by @Jessica Brown :

Hi everyone,

So I am new to Real Estate! I have been watching videos, reading articles etc. In an attempt to learn enough about wholesaling to get started. I finally decided to take some kind of action. I bought a list of 250 potential sellers. But now I am feeling like maybe I started this thing backwards. I have phone numbers and mailing addresses for all 250 people. However, I am not sure if Its totally crazy to map out times to call all of these potential leads. And even if i did, what I would say exactly. Or if I should use some sort of direct mailing system. And again, if I do that...where to order it from or if i should do it myself. Can anyone pass on any suggestions? Any advice would help at this point. I just want to get started before I sike myself out of it. This is something that I really want to do. Thanks in advance,

Jessica Brown

Mail them a letter saying you want to buy their house. Pick up the phone when it rings. Have a conversation. Ask them how much they want for their house. Tell them you will look at comps and put together an offer. Get off the phone. Jump up and down and scream in delight. Then the real work begins . . . Find comps and put together an offer and present the offer to them.

250 is nothing for a mailing or a call-campaign and unless you go BIG, it'll be a waste of $$. So go knock on their doors. Or, if they are hyper-targeted and hot leads in too wide of an area for you to door-knock, mail them every 2 days and call 2x every day until you get a hold of them. If you are super-confident these are solid LEADS and not just prospects, check out the cost of a messenger service to deliver your envelopes - here in my area I can get them sent same day within 4hr delivery for less than fedex next day. But only do that if you know the lead is HOT.

Matthew Olszak, Real Estate Agent in IL (#471019601)
847-447-6824

Thank you both so much for your response. That really helped a lot! :) I am going to do a direct mail campaign!! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.