What’s next? Looking for advice

2 Replies

I’m 24 with 4 properties going. They generate 2200/month. I’m 49k in investment debt. I have built my business model around the concept of paying off properties and snowballing them into more. End goal running a debt free business. Just to hear some different professional opinions here, what would be your next step if you want to grow but also reduce debt?

@Jacob Graul , that last statement is kind of an oxymoron. Debt is often used to facilitate growth so the opposite of course has the opposite effect. If you want to increase cash flow then we can talk about reducing debt. But what you are asking is the same as asking how can I increase my leverage and my cash flow at the same time? You can't. Now you can grow and limit your use of debt but you are severely hamstringing yourself.

@Jacob Graul I applaud your desire to be debt free and having achieved it! To grow you will either have to rely on savings or take on some debt. Perhaps decide how much debt you are willing to consider for your next projects. Personally i like the concept of buying a MF building, 5 plus units and forcing appreciation through improvements and raising the rents. Then take that to a local bank and financing it or re-finance as the case may be. There are numerous examples of this on the site here. All the best to you!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here