What direct mail doesn't work right now in Southern California.

2 Replies

I can direct mail in Orange County, Riverside Country, LA County, San Bernardino County, and San Diego County.  BUT what doesn't work right now and will break my bank?  Also, what areas or categories are too competitive? 

Francis James Gillies it’s your money and your time, but I can save you both and say that mailers have an extremely poor response rate here in Orange County.
There are very large Real Estate companies that you would have to compete with. If you wish to try then spend $1000 and send out a mailer. If you get more than 3 responses I will be shocked.
If you decide to do so then who to mail to? NOD’S, probates, divorcees, non owner occupants, etc?
I would rather knock on NOD doors and speak with people in person. Way less expensive and more productive. However this is not for everyone.
Good investing.

To piggy back off of @Joe Homs I personally like driving my target neighborhood and identifying “ugly” homes in a neighborhood. When I bought lists I noticed that some are fixed up indicating that the owners care about their place. I like to mail and call the owners of the ran down homes.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.