Florida's real estate bubble could pop in November

Florida's real estate bubble could pop in November

Pismo Beach, CA · Member since 2018 · 17 posts · 8 votes

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/article21...

I found this article interesting and wanted to share with the BP Family who own investment properties in Florida.  The Florida law defines a non-homestead property as a property not used as a primary residence, such as rental properties, second homes and commercial properties. The law has kept those property taxes artificially low, regardless of how much their true real estate value increased over the past 10 years.  This could increase properties taxes by 2x to 4x current rates. 

1Reply
10 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
8y

Sell NOW. I am buying.

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    8y
    I can’t really see it as a big issue. The “non homestead” assessment increase cap is 10% Per Year. Very few property owners will have values that increased much more than 10%/year.
  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    8y

    Sell NOW. I am buying.

  • Flipper · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2017 · 182 posts · 98 votes
    8y

    looking to buy, hit me up if you wanna sell lol! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.