house hacking to the extreme?

house hacking to the extreme?

Milwaukee , WI · Member since 2017 · 58 posts · 10 votes
So I see all these videos about tiny homes and it got me thinking after I saw one that was a converted bus. Is there a way you could buy a duplex rent both sides out then live in somthing like that or a rv or somthing. I mean you can buy a cheap one for like 10k it doesn't need to be able to drive just heat cool and provide electricity and toiletrys And I'm sure you can build everything you need in the property for not to much
0Reply
13 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 443 posts · 174 votes
    8y

    Of course you can do this but it may not be allowed by local zoning ordinances. Enforcement varies as well. I know some people that have stealth vans that are converted on the inside that are nicer than some homes.

  • Milwaukee , WI · Member since 2017 · 58 posts · 10 votes
    8y
    do you think it mite be easier building a small granny in law suite with a desperate entrance? And just living in there like that attic? a studio of course
  • Milwaukee , WI · Member since 2017 · 58 posts · 10 votes
    8y
    actually doing the research on the low end it would cost 35k I could just convert the attic on a duplex. Then when I move out I'll have 3 units to rent. that's actually not a bad idea wow
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.