Who is investing in East Cleveland 44112?

15 Replies

Who is investing in east Cleveland ? I heard city of Cleveland is taking over east Cleveland and things will get better there after merge. What's average price per door in east Cleveland ?

@Sanjeev Bhatia Where and when did you hear this info? This has been talked about for years. Be VERY CAREFUL if you invest here. My old job had me in this city and working with its residence often. It was a mess. No police force, trash MAYBE getting picked up, killings, drugs, crime and entire blocks of homes boarded up. 

Again I would love to know your source for this info...

Thanks

Originally posted by @Sanjeev Bhatia :

Who is investing in east Cleveland ? I heard city of Cleveland is taking over east Cleveland and things will get better there after merge. What's average price per door in east Cleveland ?

They have been talking about E Cleveland becoming Cleveland for years. I don't see that happening anytime soon. 

On top of that there are parts of Cleveland on the East side that are just as bad if not worse than E Cleveland so I doubt it'd do all that much to enact a quick turnaround anyway.

There are parts of E Cleveland where you can buy homes for $500+ this is a very high risk area. If you are planning on investing there I hope you know what you're doing. Not recommended for rookies or those interested in a passive experience.

Years ago there was talk of a merger. The Mayor of East Cleveland was all for it. He even filed the paperwork with the city of Cleveland. Sadly, the rest of the city council in East Cleveland were not on the same page and voted against it. Now they have a new mayor and everyone seems to be back to square 1.

If they ever did merge, it may mean good things. University Circle in Cleveland borders parts of East Cleveland. Developers won't build in East Cleveland due to the lack of city services, but if the cities merged then they would get better services. At this time, East Cleveland is still pretty bad and not a good place to invest in. The numbers may look good on paper, but it is probably not worth the headache. I would just wait and invest in a more stable suburb. 

Good luck!

A video popped up on my FB yesterday titled "only in East Cleveland" and it was a fight between a guy with a knife on the porch of a "house" versus a guy with a bat (bat was the winner). Although that type of thing happens in many areas of the country - it's just a reminder that East Cleveland is one of the roughest parts of this city you could invest in. Buyer beware. 

Originally posted by @Dave DeMarco :

@Sanjeev Bhatia Where and when did you hear this info? This has been talked about for years. Be VERY CAREFUL if you invest here. My old job had me in this city and working with its residence often. It was a mess. No police force, trash MAYBE getting picked up, killings, drugs, crime and entire blocks of homes boarded up. 

Again I would love to know your source for this info...

Thanks

@dave DeMarco. two local wholesalers informed me. You are right, no merger soon. Thanks for the feedback 

Originally posted by @Michael Norris :

A video popped up on my FB yesterday titled "only in East Cleveland" and it was a fight between a guy with a knife on the porch of a "house" versus a guy with a bat (bat was the winner). Although that type of thing happens in many areas of the country - it's just a reminder that East Cleveland is one of the roughest parts of this city you could invest in. Buyer beware. 

Thanks Michael. 

Originally posted by @James Wise :
Originally posted by @Sanjeev Bhatia:

They have been talking about E Cleveland becoming Cleveland for years. I don't see that happening anytime soon. 

On top of that there are parts of Cleveland on the East side that are just as bad if not worse than E Cleveland so I doubt it'd do all that much to enact a quick turnaround anyway.

There are parts of E Cleveland where you can buy homes for $500+ this is a very high risk area. If you are planning on investing there I hope you know what you're doing. Not recommended for rookies or those interested in a passive experience.

@James Wise Thanks for your help. Love your YouTube and other tour videos. 

Originally posted by @James Wise:
Originally posted by @Sanjeev Bhatia:

@James Wise Thanks for your help. Love your YouTube and other tour videos. 

Thanks. 💪 

Always happy to hear positive feedback from fellow investors. 

@Sanjeev Bhatia

I own 5 units in Cleveland..... none are in 44112 because that is considered an F neighborhood. If you’ve already bought there then most likely you are having a very difficult time finding a PM. If you do need one.... simply go onto Zillow and do a search for duplexes for sale in 44112. You will find agents with listings of duplexes and triplexes for sale. Call them and ask who THEY work with as PMs.

If you have not bought in 44112 my advice is simple.

DON’T.

Originally posted by @Dimitri Metropulos :

@Sanjeev Bhatia   As everyone has stated already the East side of Cleveland is not an ideal investment area.  I would look to the west of Cleveland for an investment property as they have been constantly doing work to revitalize that area.  

Good luck!

There is a big difference between "the East Side of Cleveland" and EAST Cleveland. East Cleveland is an actual city that is not worth touching, but the EAST SIDE is a great area when you get more into the suburbs. There are places like Euclid, South Euclid, Bedford, Maple Heights, Cleveland Heights, Willowick, Eastlake, Mentor, and Wickliffe. They all yield a nice ROI and are great for buy and holds or flipping. Amazon is even moving in 2 distributions centers to the suburbs on the East which will help drive up rents and prices as we are already seeing.

Thanks @Dimitri Metropulos - Yes, East Cleveland is too risky. Fairview park is nice area. 

Agree. Fairview park is a great suburb. Median income out there is $54,431 compared to $24,000 out in East Cleveland.

Here are median incomes for east side Cleveland proper neighborhoods if anyone is curious.

• Cleveland---Median income $22k---(zip: 44106)
  • Cleveland---Median income $21k---(zip: 44110)
  • Cleveland---Median income $20k---(zip: 44108)
  • Cleveland---Median income $20k---(zip: 44114)
  • Cleveland---Median income $19k---(zip: 44127)
  • Cleveland---Median income $17k---(zip: 44103)
  • Cleveland---Median income $14k---(zip: 44104)
  • Cleveland---Median income $12k---(zip: 44115)