"I Buy Your House" Signs?

7 Replies

Hello BP!

     As i drive around where i live, I see A LOT of the signs for "we buy houses", "my wife buys your house" "I buy cash and fast!". Are these people Wholesalers marketing? Or are these investors looking for deals? Any additional information that you'd like to share on their uses would be helpful. 

Thank you!

I would call them and ask. Most of the time they will tell you what they are looking for and depending on your needs or wants you two might be able to build a win-win relationship

They are looking for desperate homeowners trying to get out of their house before its foreclosed on by the bank . Many employ different strategies depending on the property . They may wholesale to a cash buyer . they may fix and flip they may rent it . One thing is for sure the signs are really annoying and look bad on every telephone pole in town

@Kurt A Snider 99% of these are wholesalers looking for a quick buck. I've always wondered who even calls these people? But there must be a market because I see these everywhere. 

In most cases, I would stay away. Honestly, you're getting bottom of the barrel "deals". Plus, wholesaler analysis on properties has some of the worst example of arithmetic errors and optimism I have ever seen.

Originally posted by @Omar Khan :

@Kurt A Snider 99% of these are wholesalers looking for a quick buck. I've always wondered who even calls these people? But there must be a market because I see these everywhere. 

In most cases, I would stay away. Honestly, you're getting bottom of the barrel "deals". Plus, wholesaler analysis on properties has some of the worst example of arithmetic errors and optimism I have ever seen.

I think the same thing. I figured they are wholesalers and I truly dont understand who calls. Thank you everyone for confirming my initial hypothesis I live in Ocala FL ( the shores area) and it is a middle working class area. It isnt exactly bottom of the barrel home owners. I get annoyed whenever I see "fast cash in hand". I feel like i'm watching a old Money Mutual ad :/

Originally posted by @Kurt A Snider :
Originally posted by @Omar Khan:

@Kurt A Snider 99% of these are wholesalers looking for a quick buck. I've always wondered who even calls these people? But there must be a market because I see these everywhere. 

In most cases, I would stay away. Honestly, you're getting bottom of the barrel "deals". Plus, wholesaler analysis on properties has some of the worst example of arithmetic errors and optimism I have ever seen.

I think the same thing. I figured they are wholesalers and I truly dont understand who calls. Thank you everyone for confirming my initial hypothesis I live in Ocala FL ( the shores area) and it is a middle working class area. It isnt exactly bottom of the barrel home owners. I get annoyed whenever I see "fast cash in hand". I feel like i'm watching a old Money Mutual ad :/

You hit the nail on the head. It's the 99% of wholesalers who give the other 1% a bad name ;)

In the ocala area it's mainly investors looking for deals. I have called most of them to find out if they have any deals they want to sell. Most of the time if they answer the phone, and that's a big if. They have no houses to wholesale.