Househack in Northern Virginia

4 Replies

Good morning! Recently moved to Manassas, Virginia for work and would like to find a duplex/tri/quad in Stafford, Fredericksburg, or any other area close to Quantico. I look forward to talking to any agents/investors in the area. Thank you!

I'm also looking for small multi-family in those areas, not to house hack though.  Here's a duplex I cam across, not sure if you've already seen it since it's listed:

https://www.point2homes.com/US/Multi-Family-For-Sale/VA/Quantico/273-4TH-AVENUE/56518780.html

Rents in Quantico are extremely depressed due to the BS of getting into the city.  If you have never been there, you have to go through a Marine security check point to access the city

^Right, I would not recommend the Town of Quantico, but the other areas are fine. I'm buying a new house in F'burg and will be moving down there from Stafford in August. I hope to find a similar property to what you are looking for at some point too. Once I'm there I plan to attend some of the REI meetups too.

I’m tracking, I don’t want to live in Quantico. I want to live within thirty to forty minutes of the base. I haven’t seen any duplex properties in the area. However, I’m optimistic that there are homes with in-law suites that can be rented.