IS it possible to subdivide Large office into multiply offices?

4 Replies

Hello everyone, I am new to it+ accent and grammar mistakes:)) sorry still learning.

I am thinking to buy large office and if possible divide it into little once to use for virtual office rent. Is it possible to get Unit number for them, so each office would have different address  like 123 Main ST Unit 1,  and 123 Main st Unit 2?

Building Class C Zoning Description B-1 
Rentable Building Area 10,960 SF

Sorry if that is a dumb question :)

In most juristrictions, how you internally partition (non-structural) a property as long as there are no electrical / plumbing changes is fine. Even with electrical / plumbing changes, getting permits is a normal thing and is not related to zoning.

Changing municiple address is some thing you will have to check into but not sure why you would do so.  As a virtual office, there are certain basic services that is usually included in the base price. A common receptionist is one of them. I would expect the receptionist to accept all mail / package and distribute to correct tenant.

What your tenants tell your customers (e.g. unit / suite number) becomes unimportant. Rather the name of the company tells the receptionist where to drop it off / who to hold it for.

Alternatively, you could set up a secure common delivery mail box with slots for each unit so the mail delivery person only has to make one stop.

Good luck.

Oren

Originally posted by @Oren K. :

In most juristrictions, how you internally partition (non-structural) a property as long as there are no electrical / plumbing changes is fine. Even with electrical / plumbing changes, getting permits is a normal thing and is not related to zoning.

Changing municiple address is some thing you will have to check into but not sure why you would do so.  As a virtual office, there are certain basic services that is usually included in the base price. A common receptionist is one of them. I would expect the receptionist to accept all mail / package and distribute to correct tenant.

What your tenants tell your customers (e.g. unit / suite number) becomes unimportant. Rather the name of the company tells the receptionist where to drop it off / who to hold it for.

Alternatively, you could set up a secure common delivery mail box with slots for each unit so the mail delivery person only has to make one stop.

Good luck.

Oren

Thank you!  Many new business owners use virtual addresses to establish business profile, it look suspicious when many businesses use the same address

Not really sure what you mean - All the business that are in an office building use the same address except the suite / unit number. So if your tenants are assigned a unit number (regardless of if they are physically separated or not) and the receptionist accepts all deliveries, the mail / packages are can then be distributed to the correct person.

Also, you are assuming that the some person will use two (or more) of the business at your virtual office and happens to notice the addresses are the same. Most people would just think it is a coincidence and move on. 

Unless they actually visit the office, they will have no way of knowing.

Anyway - good luck.

Originally posted by @Yanis P. :

Hello everyone, I am new to it+ accent and grammar mistakes:)) sorry still learning.

I am thinking to buy large office and if possible divide it into little once to use for virtual office rent. Is it possible to get Unit number for them, so each office would have different address  like 123 Main ST Unit 1,  and 123 Main st Unit 2?

Building Class C Zoning Description

B-1 

Rentable Building Area 10,960 SF

Sorry if that is a dumb question :)

Yes, should be no prpbolem