How to Connect with Investers/Partners?

1 Reply

Let me start off by saying, again, that I'm new to REI. With that being said, I feel as if a few areas around me are a real estate investers paradise; rising populations, high occupancy %s, low purchase prices, great ROI potential in C and B class neighborhoods. Are you still with me? Good. With all that being said, I am considering looking for some investors/partners.. so how do I go about it the right way? I don't know many people in my area who invest in real estate, and the majority of people here are hard working-class people who don't have the cash flow to invest. As I educate myself on investing, there seems to be a common theme of 'investing with other people's money; you find the deals and they finance them'. Is this flashy click bait or is it something that you are doing?

Hello Adam, 

Welcome to REI. I was in a similar situation when I got started and it's still a working progress. Partners and investors are a bit different for me.

First, partners are very valuable but must be chosen wisely. I met my partner here on BP. I would also suggest going to local REIA's to meet like minded individuals. Try to look for someone who brings something to the table that you lack. Someone who has similar goals, work ethic and values but different strengths.

Second, investors are not flashy click bait but they do not come easy. Trust has to be earned and this comes with a good reputation. Starts by reaching out to your inner circle, then expand. The harder you work, the better deals you find, the more deals you do, the more trust you build, the easier it will become.

Keep educating yourself and keep growing.

Hope this helps!

Ryan