Should I Buy A Property From An Owner With A Quit Claim Deed?

3 Replies

I'm interested in buying a small multifamily in Arkansas from a seller, but I just noticed on the local tax assessor's site that the ownership history in regards to deed type goes:

deed - sold 1996

special warranty deed - sold 2017

quit claim deed - sold 2017

Should I be concerned or will going through a title company and getting title insurance cover me?

Thank you

no problem as long as your attorney examine the title history and says you are ok.  

BTW   We will travel through Victorville this month headed to Santa Clarita. talk about a community that has exploded in the last 20 some years, Victorville.

Thanks for the response.  I have only lived here for about a year, but the locals that have lived here their entire lives have told me how much it has grown in their lifetime and it crazy to imagine experiencing that kind of change. Safe travels!

You may not be able to get title insurance from the title company. I would start by asking them if they would insure the property under those circumstances.

If not, you'll probably want to find a local real estate attorney to help you gain marketable title, if you decide to go ahead with the purchase.