Title Issues / New Jersey Real Estate Attorney

5 Replies

I found somebody in New Jersey who wants to sell her father’s house to me for very cheap.

Her father passed away and the house is vacant.

My title company did a title search and it's messy.  

Can anybody recommend  a good New Jersey attorney who works with investors and can negotiate/clear title issues? 


What county is the house in?  If I don't know anyone in the county, then you can always call the county bar association for referrals.  

Also if it is an Estate house, the Seller is likely going to need an attorney also.  Someone from the family will have to be appointed administrator/executor to be able to convey title to you.  Your also going to want to see a copy of the Will (if there is one) to ensure that the person you've been talking to has (or will have) the power to convey title.