How to vest a property being purchased through an LLC

How to vest a property being purchased through an LLC

Alexandria, VA · Member since 2017 · 28 posts · 10 votes

Hello BP Community, 

My partner and I (2 people) have a property under contract and are working through the closing process. The property is a SFH that will be flipped. We are using hard money and purchasing through an LLC. The title company asked how we wanted the property vested, and I am not sure if it should be Sole Ownership or Tenants in Common. I can see it being Sole Ownership because the property will be owned by the LLC (one person/entity) not my partner or I. I can also see it being Tenants in Common because we both have vested interest in the property. What are the consequences of each choice?

Thanks in advance.

0Reply
4 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.