Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Doris Wilson
Votes |
Think outside the box....how do I get it to sell

Doris Wilson
Posted Jul 12 2018, 12:10

I bought it in 'O5,  puts lots and lots of money into it, completed it from 1 rentable unit into 4 rentable units, still owe quite a bit on it, and it still need lots and lots of TLC.  I want to sell it.  That's the short story.  Longer version is that it was me and my husband who bought it in '05.  He did much of the work himself.  Yes, it has 4 units now, but it didn't always.  The units are nice,  but, the outside, etc. is still very needy.  My handyman husband passed away of lung cancer almost 3 years ago and left me limping along with a needy property.  I want out from under.  It does turn a profit and it does cover itself, but not enough.  If I want to do any repairs, there is no money and quite frankly I have no other funds available to me.  If I keep it, it will end up running down more or I will end up losing it to the financial institution.  Put it up for sale, and so far I am hearing the same story from all people who have looked.....it needs too much work to be profitable.  I need to find a way to get out from under this, and not by giving it away to an investor who laughs all the way to the bank while I lose money.  Help????  Any ideas????

Loading replies...