Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Michael Guzik
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
Should you go deep or wide with investing....?

Michael Guzik
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Antonio, TX
Posted Jul 16 2018, 09:33

Howdy BP members, I have a question that has honestly been haunting me the past few nights. Is it better to be great at one thing/aspect of investing, or to be a jack of all trades and master of none? Many people like Gary Vee say to focus on your strengths and be kick a$$ at one thing. Be so good at that thing, that others come to you and you are known as "the guy" for that niche. You dominate that niche and are the master of that craft. On the other end you have people like our very own @Brandon Turner who say you that strategies are like tools in a tool belt. You increase your tools and you can take down any deal, because you have multiple strategies you can use to make it work for you. You won't turn away all these deals just because they don't work for a simple flip, because you know how to do wholesaling, short sales, owner finance and lease options (just to use as an example). However it could also be said that by figuring out what strategy to use for a deal, you are simply wasting your time trying to make the deal work, instead of only focusing time on deals that work for you. I have heard many discussions and valid points for both sides of the argument, but I'm still unsure which to focus on. Definitely want to heard what ya'll have to say and what your experience has been. Why do you think it's better to be a niche investor, or why do you think it's better to have multiple strategies and not do just one thing?

Loading replies...