Local Lender Recommendation in Atlanta Metro (Portfolio)

Local Lender Recommendation in Atlanta Metro (Portfolio)

Rental Property Investor · Huntington, IN · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 0 votes

Hello,

I'm preparing to purchase my second property in greater Atlanta, GA. I financed my last one through a national lender. I'm looking to get a local bank who will hold my note in-house as I build my portfolio which can hopefully turn into a relationship with them. Any suggestions? I know there was a lender in ATL mentioned on the podcast recently but I can't seem to remember.

Thanks, Matt

0Reply
12 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Syracuse, NY · Member since 2016 · 165 posts · 92 votes
    8y

    @Matthew Cottrill

    I understand with the desire to bank locally but why must they hold the loan?    

    If your loan is a commercial loan (by commercial I mean any loan not on a primary residence) there is a VERY high likelihood your loan will be sold.   We all have hedge funds/investors with an almost insatiable appetite for these loans and nearly every lender I know sells all, most, or some of their paper.

    Just a heads up that a local "big bank" is just as likely to sell your loan as I would be.

  • Rental Property Investor · Huntington, IN · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    @Timothy Maloney, that's a good point. While it doesn't matter with this acquisition, I am going to hit the 10-unit limit, at which point I'll need to come up with a solution. Was just trying to get ahead of it.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.