Fort Wayne IN, USA · Member since 2018 · 52 posts · 27 votes
Hey, just wondering if having multiple mortgages is going to hurt my credit score? Will nothing happen to it so long as I continue to pay my bills? It's really high and I don't really want to ruin it. Anybody know for certain? Thanks
Investor · Alameda, CA · Member since 2016 · 132 posts · 170 votes
8y
Creditors tend to look at well-managed mortgages as a positive. I have 8 mortgages open currently and my score is around the same as when I had no mortgages. Still in excellent range. If you pay them on time, it helps you develop your track record... in their eyes.
Folks tend to spend significant time and worry to build up their scores, only to wear them like a trophy... as if they have some kind of inherent value (earlier in my life/career, that's the kind of nerdy thing I did, at least!).
Personally, I think the best thing you can do now is put your excellent credit to good use, intelligently. Credit scores have no value unless you put them to work!