Wholesaling question (Texas)

1 Reply

Hello fellow Investors.  I have a super green novice question.  Let me preface this by saying, I am not a wholesaler.  However, my question is directly related to the wholesaling process.  From the wholesale/assignment deals that I have seen come through, wholesalers appear to be conduits, they just move the properties for a nominal fee, usually between $2500-$5000.  If someone is acting as a wholesaler and expecting to assign a property and gain a $60,000 return on the assignment, wouldn't that be completely unrealistic on a deal that would only yield about $34K after all expenses, including rebah?  Any insight you are willing to provide is much appreciated.  Thanks in advance for your time.

Originally posted by @Tiffany L Ingram :

Hello fellow Investors.  I have a super green novice question.  Let me preface this by saying, I am not a wholesaler.  However, my question is directly related to the wholesaling process.  From the wholesale/assignment deals that I have seen come through, wholesalers appear to be conduits, they just move the properties for a nominal fee, usually between $2500-$5000.  If someone is acting as a wholesaler and expecting to assign a property and gain a $60,000 return on the assignment, wouldn't that be completely unrealistic on a deal that would only yield about $34K after all expenses, including rebah?  Any insight you are willing to provide is much appreciated.  Thanks in advance for your time.

I guess that depends on who you ask, the wholesaler or the buyer lol. As a buyer I would have to say yes it is unrealistic. 

But the thing to keep in mind is your bottom line and not let anyone else's bottom line sway your goals. If you can make a deal work for you then go for it.