New Sub-Div Woodruff SC Upstate Affecting Rental Houses?

New Sub-Div Woodruff SC Upstate Affecting Rental Houses?

Real Estate Investor · Woodruff, SC · Member since 2016 · 19 posts · 0 votes

I live and invest in a small rural town in the Upstate of South Carolina. The town is experiencing somewhat of a "boom" I guess you could say due to new industries moving into this area. There are a couple of new sub divisions breaking ground here which will result in approximately 200 new homes in the $175K - $225K range. I currently own a couple of rental properties here that rent in the $450 -$600 per month range. I am in the process of purchasing a duplex in this same town that rents in a similar range. My question is this, will these new homes being built negatively affect the rental market that rent in this $450-$650 range? My thoughts are the new homes would not affect rental property in this range, negatively or positive. Mortgage payments for these new homes would start around $900 - $1,000 per month for most people I would think. The reason I ask is that I have started to notice a few local landlords putting some of their rental properties up for sale, actually a lot. Am I missing something? Are they thinking with the influx of new construction that it will affect the rental industry? Any insight or thoughts appreciated.

Thanks 

Mike

0Reply
13 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.