Do I Qualify for FHA Financing if I Own Rental Properties?

Do I Qualify for FHA Financing if I Own Rental Properties?

Calabasas, CA · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 0 votes

Hello BP members!

Straight to the question... can one obtain FHA financing if that person owns a few rental properties? I am asking because I live in Los Angeles, I am planning to start investing in passive income-producing real estate, but I would like to be able to use an FHA loan down the road for my primary residence here in CA.

Any help... answers, comments, suggestions... will be highly appreciated.

Andrés

0Reply
15 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2015 · 302 posts · 206 votes
    8y

    Yes you can have an FHA loan even if you own rental properties. I owned 2 rental properties when I got my FHA loan. The rule is only one FHA loan at a time (with a few rare exceptions). It doesn't have anything to do with what else you own, assuming those rental properties are not FHA and it sounds like they aren't.

  • Calabasas, CA · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    @Nicholas Lohr, thank you so much for your input! This is valuable!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.