• Lees Summit, MO
Votes |
4-Plex built in 1902

Rodney Buford
Pro Member
  • Lees Summit, MO
Posted Aug 19 2018, 08:03

Good morning BP community,

I could use some guidance on those who have dealt with really old houses.  I found a property (house but made into a 4 plex) in a college town that was built in 1902.  Outside has been updated with paint, roof, some windows, and foundation work.  Inside is a different story.  Plumbing needs a lot of work, electrical has been updated but still has some knob & tube wiring.  Another big concern is the plaster walls and ceiling, some of the ceiling has fallen down and walls have major cracks due to the house settling.  I am curious to hear what others have done in this situation is it better to remove the plaster and do sheetrock but that will take away from the history of it.

4 bedroom, 4 bath, 4 fireplaces, 4 kitchenettes, all hardwood floors 2 story.  2 units upstairs, 2 unit downstairs.  I am struggling to come up with good repair numbers as I am concerned with what I might find once the repairs start happening.

Looking to possibly to a BRRRR on this one. I think I can get the property for $70,000 (They had the property listed a year ago for $150,000), ARV probably around $130,000, Rent per unit $400-$500. My original estimate was around $40,000 for repairs but I think that is too low.

I realize there is more information needed for you all to provide detail guidance but looking for those that have had experience with older homes and did you build a bigger contingency for repairs.

As always appreciate all your feedback and thank you in advance,

Rodney

Loading replies...