Closing costs in Newark NJ

Closing costs in Newark NJ

Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2018 · 42 posts · 4 votes
Hi everyone I am trying to find out how much money I need to consider in closing costs in Newark NJ, I came across a seller for a 3 family in Newark asking 200K cash quick close, now I am trying to crunch the numbers to see how much cash I would need for closing Appreciate any input
0Reply
15 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Attorney · Clifton, NJ · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 328 votes
    8y

    @Michael Smith are you looking to buy this property with cash or with a mortgage? That would affect your closing costs. You will certainly have costs that include title insurance premium, adjustments for property taxes and homeowner's insurance. Are you using an attorney? 

  • Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2018 · 42 posts · 4 votes
    8y
    @Dan Barli thanks for your time and help, So yes I would buy it in cash, I just don’t know how much a title, inspection, attorney, taxes, transfers, etc. costs
  • Attorney · Clifton, NJ · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 328 votes
    8y

    Title insurance is regulated by the state. Inspections are usually $375 - 450. Transfer taxes are the obligation of the seller. Attorney fees can vary. We charge a flat fee of $1200 for a closing. Most attorneys in our area charge more. Let me know if you want to talk further @Michael Smith

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.