Where To Invest After Graduation?!

3 Replies

Hi, BP!

We are based in Tampa, FL and are sick of the god-awful heat and influx of luxury apartment construction. We want to try something - somewhere new, knowing that we can always come home.

We have our sights pretty much through the east coast and some sporadic states throughout (KS, TX, CA).

Ideally, we will invest where we live after becoming familiar with the market. Because of our familiarity with Florida, investing here and initially hiring property management isn't a bad idea either. 

So what do you think? If you could move anywhere in the US for a seemingly "fresh start," knowing you want to invest in small multifamily (up to 4 units), where would you do it, and why?

NOTE: This is a pretty broad topic. We had our sights set on VT, but I'm not too sure how I feel about the prospects to invest in and around it. We want to at least narrow down the states during the next few months.

Thank you for your input!
Amber H.

Midwest- St Louis, Kansas City, Cleveland OH, and Chicago. It's a great place to invest. You can get properties much easier as well. You get more cash flow for you investment. East coast- you don't get much for properties for rentals- there is not much of a cash flow.

@Amber H. Cleveland is a great place to invest. There are plenty of areas that have multi family properties available at affordable prices and good cashflow. Some of the areas you will want to look into are Lakewood, Tremont, Ohio City, and Kamms Corner. These are all neighborhoods in Cleveland, perfect to invest and live in!

I would recommend Clarksville, TN. I know of at least 3 factories that have opened since 2016 including a Google Data Center. There is also a military base, Fort Campbell where I used to be stationed at when I retired from the Army. It is located 45 minutes north of Nashville on the Kentucky border. There is a lot of single family home construction going on in Clarksville. There are also numerous transportation construction projects planned and under construction linking Nashville to Clarksville to alleviate traffic as Clarksville is one of the fastest growing cities in the country. Nashville is also booming. Prices are low, so you can buy at a good price, crime is relatively low, and schools are good. Clarksville has 4 seasons and the humidity is not as heavy as it is in Florida.