Edcouch, TX · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
My husband and I are going to purchase his family home, where he is currently a "co-borrower", and although this would technically be our first time buying a home, because he is already on the loan, they advised us to refinance.
We've never purchased a home before, so I appreciate any guidance, steps, on how to find the right refinancing for our first home. What questions to ask the mortgage company? Should we try online lenders? How many quotes to receive? I appreciate any help!
Lender · Austin, TX (NMLS #1674054) · Member since 2016 · 108 posts · 50 votes
8y
@Carolina Saenz - Those are great questions! You'll want to decide if you are pulling out any cash with the refinance or just refinancing it into your name and keeping the equity in the property, first. The refinance process is very simple and I would be happy to walk you guys through it.