Adjacent Property Encroachment

1 Reply

Recently purchased empty land, survey indicates neighbor property fence encroaches over few inches to 8+ feet in major area, and another approx. 1,800 sf. parcel off from out empty land.  what would be the best way to approach for them to correct the fence location?  is there any professional who resolves this issue.  we are about to initiate a land development shortly and this needs to be resolved.

Thank you, in advance.

First you need to find out how long the fence has been there. If its been 10+ years and they have been taking care of that land then they could file in the courts that its now theirs through adverse possession. 

If they above doesnt come into play then I would go directly to the owner and start a conversation. See if you can work something out.

If that doesnt work then you get lawyers involved.