Sales contract / Title company proceedures in SW Missouri

1 Reply

Thanks in advance - I need some guidance on a sale that is effectively a "transfer" to a family member.

In 2010 I bought a lot with a shell of a double wide trailer on it.  We fixed it up (quite extravagantly, I might add) and my mother-in-law lived in it until her passing.  Now I am selling to one of her sons.

It will be a no contingencies, no inspections, no nothing deal.  We will spell out a cash price and handling of taxes. 

I have warranty deed for the land - no title for the trailer.  That in itself will not be a problem.

I have a copy of the as is / where is contract from which I purchased the property.

Should I simply refill in the blanks?  If so, do I just call 1800-Title Company?

Should I pay a realtor a commission to draw up the contract and present it to a title company?

Any other questions I should I be asking?

Sub $20K purchase.

Thank you

@Rob Golob Does the buyer have the cash or will their be financing? If its cash or seller financing, have a local law firm facilitate the transaction by drafting the deed in exchange for a cashier's check or note and deed of trust (mortgage).

Best of luck!

John

Disregard this solicitation if you have already engaged a lawyer in connection with the legal matter referred to in this solicitation. You may wish to consult your lawyer or another lawyer instead of me (us). The exact nature of your legal situation will depend on many facts not known to me (us) at this time. You should understand that the advice and information in this solicitation is general and that your own situation may vary. This statement is required by rule of the Supreme Court of Missouri.