• Rental Property Investor
  • La Crosse, WI
Votes |
FHA cost on recent closing

Alex Alaniz
  • Rental Property Investor
  • La Crosse, WI
Posted Nov 14 2018, 09:15

Just sold house for145k it appraised for exactly that. After closing fees, Commission, I netted $29,400 which the title company screwed up and told me 31k just the day before...annoyed at this point.

I bought another house for $212,000 doing a double close same day, the note is for $208,160 @ 5% interest, not the greatest but with two businesses my credit score has taken a hit significantly. Is what it is for now. Where I am lost: my understanding from the loan officer is that I was putting down $7500 3.5% but it only looks like $3840 was deducted from the note. They wanted me to pay off $14,000 of debt which i did but when I walked away from the closing table I paid a total of $12,746 in additional closing fees.

14,000:Debt

$12,746: Closing cost on new house

Total cost: $26,977

Netting me only $2,400 from both closes.

I felt like putting my head through the wall as the information I was given from my loan officer was nothing close to what happened. I had a check for 30k and walked away with 2400. This is an FHA loan but has anyone else had experience with them costing this much??

Had i known I was going to walk away with peanuts I would have rented and put the remainder in another property. Now I have to start over which took me 2 years on this house I sold. My question: is it cheaper to go conventional with more down vs FHA with 3.5% and for some reason I ended up costing me a lot more this time around......any help or advice would be appreciated, I feel very stupid for making this bad move on my end.

Loading replies...