Rental Property Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 1 vote
We are buying $20k-$45k houses in Indianapolis following the BRRR Process. We use private money interest-only loans to purchase/renovate however we still have not decided on the best strategy for re-financing. I don't think it's worth using a fannie mae loan as I can use my 10 fannie mae loans for higher value properties.
Here are my ideas:
Build a large portfolio of them and then get a commercial portfolio loan from a small local bank (A bank we deal with California wants $1mil minimum portfolio size, not sure what minimum Indiana banks would have).
Get private P&I loans (5 to 10 year terms) which hurts the cash flow now but pays off later
Keep under private money interest-only loans and pay off those loans through Flips, cashflow, or other income
Add equity partner with W2 and put fannie mae in their name.
Lender · Glenview IL- CDLP NMLS#230554 · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 747 votes
7y
@Scott Shope Fannie Mae do not have any lower loan amount restrictions there are so many banks who can refinance on lower loan amount.You can get long term amortization on conventional loan.
We are buying $20k-$45k houses in Indianapolis following the BRRR Process. We use private money interest-only loans to purchase/renovate however we still have not decided on the best strategy for re-financing. I don't think it's worth using a fannie mae loan as I can use my 10 fannie mae loans for higher value properties.
Here are my ideas:
Build a large portfolio of them and then get a commercial portfolio loan from a small local bank (A bank we deal with California wants $1mil minimum portfolio size, not sure what minimum Indiana banks would have).
Get private P&I loans (5 to 10 year terms) which hurts the cash flow now but pays off later
Keep under private money interest-only loans and pay off those loans through Flips, cashflow, or other income
Add equity partner with W2 and put fannie mae in their name.
Looking for any ideas or advise!
Tons of local banks in Indy will fund 30K or even less on a single asset with commercial terms, 25 year am, 5 year balloon and similar. Easy to find, just call around.
Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 340 posts · 144 votes
7y
@Scott Shope
I operate a property management company in Indianapolis called Intrigue Indy. I am also a licensed real estate broker with Nottingham Realty Group and I have had a lot of success helping investors (both local and out-of-state) buy investment properties, repair them, and either lease them to quality tenants (BRRRR) or sell them as a flip (BRSR). Let me know how I can help! I’d love to connect for coffee if you’re ever in town!