Seeking Investor Friendly Realtor in Washington State

Most Popular Reply

Naomi PingerPro Member
Realtor · 98830 · Member since 2016 · 250 posts · 65 votes
7y

What what area in Washington State?

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor / Investor · Vienna, VA · Member since 2014 · 133 posts · 114 votes
    7y

    Big state. Where and what do you want to do?

  • Naomi PingerPro Member
    Realtor · 98830 · Member since 2016 · 250 posts · 65 votes
    7y

    What what area in Washington State?

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Granger, WA · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @Joe Facenda Assignment/wholesale deals

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Granger, WA · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @Naomi Pinger Statewide

  • Realtor / Investor · Vienna, VA · Member since 2014 · 133 posts · 114 votes
    7y

    I have been a Realtor for almost 30 years and heavily into the investment side for 10 or so.  I have yet to find a way a Realtor and wholesaler can find a profitable way to work together.  I should perhaps reword that and say an experienced and active Realtor. A new agent may gamble that with the extension of tons of effort a wholesaler relationship may lead to a listing but an experienced agent will know that the time extended on that would be more productive elsewhere. Basically a new Realtor may use a shotgun approach to getting deals and an experienced agent use a rifle. Please correct me if you think I am wrong. 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Granger, WA · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @Joe Facenda I am currently working with an agent

    Who does not seem to take the shotgun approach.

    But from what I have experienced, you are correct.

    Would you have any advice for me as I am just starting out on this venture?

  • Realtor / Investor · Vienna, VA · Member since 2014 · 133 posts · 114 votes
    7y

    Let me say personally I am a buy and hold investor.  And I  have worked with many many rehabbers. I have not wholesaled or worked with wholesalers but certainly understand the model. 

    Also when I say shotgun approach I don’t mean sending you dozens of properties, I mean their business model is to work with as many people as possible to see what sticks. 

    Okay, that said I think wholesaling is a private endeavor.  You need to find a great mentor/teacher (and not someone charging outrageous fees- high price does not mean better outcome)

    You need to find a marketing model you are comfortable with and stick to it 

    And then you need to cultivate a list of rehabbers which may include Realtors with clients who flip. 

    If a wholesaler approached me with a deal for my rehabbers/client, I would not try to elicit a commission on that deal.  I know the upfront margins are thin and I don’t want to kill it for my client by adding in a fee. I would be comfortable knowing I will get paid on the back end and I would know I am sending a good deal to my client. All works out in the end. 

    Again, I am not sure how a Realtor can get paid a worthwhile amount from a wholesaler.  And if I found a seller wanting to sell at a price low enough to allow for a rehab why would I bring it to a wholesaler instead of a rehabber? 

    Not saying you can’t make money doing this but you don’t need a Realtor. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.