Buying property in Arkansas with Texas LLC

Buying property in Arkansas with Texas LLC

Flipper/Rehabber · Weatherford, TX · Member since 2015 · 16 posts · 6 votes

Hey everyone! We are buying a house in Arkansas with our Texas LLC and I've heard that I may need to register our TX LLC as a foreign LLC doing business in Arkansas. We are buying the house directly from the seller and I think our plan is to rehab & sell it on MLS through a realtor. To register, we have to pay around $300+ in addition to paying for a registered agent since we don't have a business address in AR. I'm just not clear on whether what we're doing falls under those requirements of doing business in AR. The exempt activities include "selling through independent contractors," "owning, without more, real or personal property," and "an isolated transaction." To me, this seems like we may not need to register in AR if this is the only deal we're going to do and we're selling it through a realtor. Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks so much in advance!

0Reply
6 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.