Lower COC return for more opportunity?

Lower COC return for more opportunity?

Flushing, NY · Member since 2016 · 70 posts · 22 votes

Hey everyone, I'm getting ready to close on my second deal in a year and a half. (Behind schedule) the property only shows a 8-9% return which is low. The reason why I'm even interested is because it sits on a double lot. I found a local contractor who builds these small  homes for about 35k and I know I can add value to the land and also add a extra 12% return in my pocket as well as new construction tax write offs. 

I already called and confirmed with the city I can do it legit. Question to you guys is would you take less of a return on the first property for better long term numbers?

( please take note this is in a city that is looking at a 18-23% growth population wise in the next 10 year's)

0Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Ned CareyPro Member
Moderator
Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
7y

@Eric Calabrese I would certainly consider it. Whether i Did would depend on he specific circumstances. The effort and timeline would be key considerations for me.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7y

    @Eric Calabrese I would certainly consider it. Whether i Did would depend on he specific circumstances. The effort and timeline would be key considerations for me.

  • Rental Property Investor · Brooke Park Drive · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    Build home for 35k sounds like pipe dream

  • Rental Property Investor · Glendale, CA · Member since 2013 · 685 posts · 334 votes
    7y

    35K to build a home - is this a manufactured home?

  • Flushing, NY · Member since 2016 · 70 posts · 22 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @David Avetisyan:

    35K to build a home - is this a manufactured home?

    Yes it's 304 sq foot home 2 floors. It's extremely small but rooms in a shared home rent for 4-500. They are small homes.

  • Rental Property Investor · Glendale, CA · Member since 2013 · 685 posts · 334 votes
    7y

    It may work out for you!

    Good luck!

  • Member since 2019 · 60 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    Just do it !

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.