• Lake Worth, FL
Votes |
I don't own the mobile home I'm selling, just land beneath it

David Sicherman
Pro Member
  • Vendor
  • Lake Worth, FL
Posted Apr 18 2019, 13:04

Kinda odd situation, first time for me.   I picked up a crazy good deal a while back and got a mobile home/land in a nice 55+ community super cheap.  Was a case where the original owner died, her daughter that was also on deed died within months and the 3rd person on title, the boyfriend ended up with it by default.  First time I had a mobile home deal.

So after having nothing short of a horrific experience with this new title company that tried their best to not close (they did all closings for this park, wasn't a local deal), finally got it closed, and before the guy even got his check for the closing the guy died too.  Yes, all 3 of original owners dead, we had a closing, guy of about 55 years dies suddenly 2 weeks later.  Horrible but my deed was recordedthat says I own both the land and the home on top as both are on title.

So I go about my business and this woman shows up bothering my workers, saying it's her stuff in trailer and she's the granddaughter and yada yada she gets some stuff and I swear I didn't do it, but she ends up dead a couple months later.  That's 4 deaths.  

While I'm checking up on the trailer , the onsite park Realtor asks me about listing it, notes it doesn't have stickers and educates me about retiring VIN so you can sell as real property and since mine was this or that it was retired, making me feel grateful I was good on this new VIN information.

Now on the market, got me a buyer, fast cash closing and title company says the VIN wasn't retired after all, still in original owner name since 2006, and I don't freaking own the mobile home.

So thought I'd share my story with you while I consider my options.  Seems like I got no way to go other than digging up some heir and running it through probate or something.  Title company is telling me to call DMV, but it's like finding a car parked on your front lawn with a dead family in it and asking the DMV to transfer it in your name because it was on your lawn and they are dead.

PBCHomeAuctions Logo

Loading replies...