Ilya Z.
  • Rockville, MD
Votes |
Need advice on "I want to buy your house" letter

Ilya Z.
  • Rockville, MD
Posted May 3 2019, 04:13

Good Day Everyone,

So I was driving through a neighborhood lately and noticed an old house that appeared to be empty but in an OK shape (that is, not abandoned). Googled it and turns out it belonged to an elderly pair. The husband passed a couple of years ago, the wife passed about 2 months ago (found an obit). The house is owned/managed by their daughter whose contact address is about an hour away from the property.

The neighborhood is very nice but the house will probably require a lot of work (it was built around 1940, many houses in the area are that old too but have been significantly renovated). I am a newbie so it's hard for me to determine if this would even be a good flip. Still, want to send a letter to the daughter to explore this option.

So I bought a neutral but kinda pretty postcard and am ready to write it and send it. Not I just need to figure out what to write :-)

Are there things that I (i) should not and (ii) should say in the letter? Don't think it's a good idea to mention passing of the parents. Should I phrase it in a special way because I am not 100% sure I want to buy this house in the end? Any other specific points?

Thank you!

Loading replies...