Simple question about probate marketing

1 Reply

I've been marketing to probates for the past 6 months with limited success.  Recently I've begun revamping my marketing and will be using a direct mail service to send out multiple monthly mailings (for 6 to 12 months) to each lead.

The direct mail service has a 200 piece minimum.  Each week I get about 25 new leads.

So my simple question is this: how important is it to mail the executors IMMEDIATELY after they form the estate with the county? If I want to use the direct mail service, I'd have to wait about 8 weeks to send out a new batch.  Should I be concerned about timing for the 6, 7, 8 week old leads? I feel like many of them could have sold or listed in that time.

Any suggestions?

@Kyle M. Great job taking the initiative to start a marketing campaign! Direct mail is a numbers game. So, the more mail you send, the more often you send it, the better your chances of success. If there is high competition in your market in this niche then you definitely might miss out on a great deal if you don't mail to your new leads soon enough. I would advise looking into other services which provide a lower number of minimum mailers, to better suit your needs. The early bird catches the worm.

Good Luck!