Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Lucas Mills
  • Physical Therapist Assistant
  • Springfield, MO
Votes |
What is the "easiest" way to get 3k-5k in monthly passive income?

Lucas Mills
  • Physical Therapist Assistant
  • Springfield, MO
Posted Jun 10 2019, 11:26

I'm trying to figure out how I want to approach real estate, retirement, etc.

My desire would be to build up about 3k-5k in relatively passive monthly income. Or at least, passive as it relates to my currently working 8-5.

I don't have a passion for BRRRR. I don't have the desire to talk to hundreds of sellers trying to find ones who might sell on terms, and etc.

So where does that leave me? If I could save up 100k in a few years, could I do something with that money that would accomplish my goal, or at least take a big step towards it? I was thinking about the idea of buying an apartment complex, but if I'm only able to provide a 20% down payment with 100k (so a 500k property), how much income would I really get each month after expenses?

The question I should be asking is, what strategy makes the most sense for me? I would rather continue working my job, save up money over the course of a few years, and then do something with that money which would, presumably, make some progress towards my goal. If I try buy and hold with a house, that just seems like it wouldn't really help me in the "here and now", because I wouldn't really be getting much passive income until the mortgages are paid off some 20-30 years later.

Loading replies...