Writ of Possession after REO sale

6 Replies

Hi,

Has anyone gone tru writ of possession by sheriff after an eviction judgement in Texas to remove an occupant after a REO sale? I would like to find out your experiences and what to expect. Thanks

I try to talk with the people in person and let them know that I am serving them with a 30 day notice to vacate. If they move before that time and leave the house in good condition I will give them $500 to help them with their move.

They are probably not happy so they may not be cooperative. Keep smiling and hand them their notice. If you go all the way through with the eviction, it will not be smooth.

Remember someone just lost their house. I would not be happy if I just got foreclosed on.

I have done this a couple of times over the years.

You send them the 3 day notice just like any other eviction

File suit for possession of the property only as there is not any rent due

Both times I did have to educate the Judge as both never showed as this does not happen very often

1 of the 2 went to the Writ of Possession.  We showed up with the Constable and the people were still sleeping.  This was a close to a $1 million property on Lake Travis.  The people had a half of a dozen cars, a boat, jet skis and a ton of stuff.  It made for a huge cleanup !!!

Thanks for your replies. We have the writ of possession already after a lengthy legal battle b/c she kept on appealing. My question is that do we need to bring a professional locksmith and movers once we get the green light from Constable ? Also, I understand we have to move her furniture outside, but if she does not collect them, then what do we do? 

Originally posted by @Greg H. :

I have done this a couple of times over the years.

You send them the 3 day notice just like any other eviction

File suit for possessiion of the property only as there is not any rent due

Both times I did have to educate the Judge as both never showed as this does not happen very often

1 of the 2 went to the Writ of Possession.  We showed up with the Constable and the people were still sleeping.  This was a close to a $1 million property on Lake Travis.  The people had a half of a dozen cars, a boat, jet skis and a ton of stuff.  It made for a huge cleanup !!!

Curious, what happened to the toys? I am looking at a property that has a lot on it and can't find out what will happen with them. 

To be clear, they are not toys but cars that don't run. There used to be a mechanic shop on the premises and those cars have been there for 5 years now. 

Originally posted by @Yas Tahir :

Thanks for your replies. We have the writ of possession already after a lengthy legal battle b/c she kept on appealing. My question is that do we need to bring a professional locksmith and movers once we get the green light from Constable ? Also, I understand we have to move her furniture outside, but if she does not collect them, then what do we do? 

Yes you need to bring the movers. However, they in no way need to be professionals nor does the locksmith. I suggest bringing enough guys to get the job done quickly so as not to take up too much of the Constable’s time. Some jurisdictions actually charge after 2 hours 

Y’all will move the items to the curb. You have no responsibility for their care at that point. Possession of the property is then yours and I suggest putting up a No Trespassing sign 

@Mike Reynolds

We did some research as to if we could eventually get title to them. However, the best we could tell is only a Towing Service could make it happen for their benefit. In our case, The guy eventually removed them after a few days