Detroit is the number 1 Gentrifying City in America

22 Replies

@Javier Gaillard

There is a lot of info to share on this particular subject!

Let’s make it specific to What your goals are and what you’re looking to do in Detroit?

NOT ALL! BUT MAJORITY of Detroit is more of a buy and hold market as opposed to fix and flip in my opinion.

The surrounding suburbs would be ideal for fix and flips or buy and hold as well if you can get them at a discounted rate.

I believe in Detroit .

I'm new in real state world and I believe that Detroit have a lot off potential for news investors is unbelievable how many people have a bad feeling about Detroit. The city need a second chance and that's why I chose Detroit to be the market that I want to invest. I would like to have some help from a experient investors, property manager, realtor about Detroit area. Thank you in advance.

gentrification

/ˌjentrəfəˈkāSH(ə)n/

Learn to pronounce noun
  1. the process of renovating and improving a house or district so that it conforms to middle-class taste.

"an area undergoing rapid gentrification"

• the process of making a person or activity more refined or polite.

"soccer has undergone gentrification"

Originally posted by @Javier Gaillard :

@Max Smartwell

Gentrification=better neighborhoods=better people=more businesses=safe, nice and quiet communities

If it improves the area, then it's a good thing. If it displaces people, I assume they where not ready to be a part of it.

What types of properties and what area are you looking in ? What happened with the properties you were looking to rehab?

I would say in Detroit gentrification is needed. There are many neighborhoods and areas that locals have destroyed and if outsiders move in, add value, prices go up, police presence rises, less crime and vacant homes, its a win-win for all...especially the locals who have kept their lawn pretty for 50 years, and paid their taxes and maintained pride of ownership. All the little old lady neighbors are always SO thankful when I kick the squatters out and find nice tenants, paint the front doors, plant flowers, etc.. Detroit needs gentrification. @Javier Gaillard @Max Smartwell