Market in Pittsburg, PA... Buyers or sellers?

2 Replies

My friend and I are looking for a turnkey property on the north side of Pittsburg. Is anyone else investing in that area? Seems like there isn't much inventory available right now... 

Who has any ideas besides just waiting for the MLS to pop?

Originally posted by @Greg Moran :

My friend and I are looking for a turnkey property on the north side of Pittsburg. Is anyone else investing in that area? Seems like there isn't much inventory available right now... 

If you're trying to scale big you need to market directly to sellers. Target those who are in distressed situations. Back taxes, divorce, evictions etc......Only makes sense if you've got the funds to do a ton of deals though. If you just want to do a handful you are better off paying more and buying from the MLS as the time & money you need to put into a marketing campaign is going to be huge if you want it to be effective.

Originally posted by @James Wise :
Originally posted by @Greg Moran:

If you're trying to scale big you need to market directly to sellers. Target those who are in distressed situations. Back taxes, divorce, evictions etc......Only makes sense if you've got the funds to do a ton of deals though. If you just want to do a handful you are better off paying more and buying from the MLS as the time & money you need to put into a marketing campaign is going to be huge if you want it to be effective.

Howdy James, Nope, not looking to scale up huge at this time; just keeping it a small side hustle, thanks!