• Denver Metro
Votes |
Transaction Brokerage Florida

Nick VanDer Sluis
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Denver Metro
Posted Jul 21 2019, 06:17

Hello-

My wife and I are under contract to purchase a condo that we had made an offer on in Destin, FL after calling the listing agent directly. I indicated over the phone we were not represented but did not get it in writing that there was no Brokerage Relationship unfortunately. 

So, long story short I asked him how commissions were handled and he stated that he was now my transaction broker and would be collecting both of the sell and the buy sides instead of issuing a credit to me at closing like I expected beings I was representing myself., or so I thought. 

My questions are as follows: 

Do I need the no Brokerage relationship form prior to making an offer through the listing agent? 

Even though FL law assumes transaction brokerage do I still need to sign the agreement to make the agency as we only signed the offer? 

Thanks for your insight here as we learn the ropes of another state I guess. Seems to me this is a shady practice and is what has given realtors such a bad reputation when they do these things. Have a great day thanks in advance for any and all advice I appreciate it. 

Loading replies...