where you guys investing for appreciation (wo going negative)?

where you guys investing for appreciation (wo going negative)?

Tacoma, WA · Member since 2017 · 33 posts · 7 votes

Everyone clamors around the Midwest and south as being cash flow Kings but many of these have never appreciated.

What areas are you guys investing for less cash flow (but not negative) but more appreciation?

0Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
7y

stay ahead of jobs..    

I think values in many markets have just about peaked for the time being.. which is OK.. 

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Irvine, CA · Member since 2016 · 545 posts · 614 votes
    7y

    @Barry Je I'm seeing deals in Washington, DC where the cashflow is smaller, below $180 in my price range that I purchase but the appreciation is available. I have a property in DC that only generates $147 a month but it has appreciated $126,000 in 14 months. I will note that I'm starting to see a slowdown in DC on the appreciation so and it also depends on where you buy in DC, some areas do much better than others. I would recommend checking with the @Russell Brazil of the DC/MD/VA area, he's very dialed in to the various neighborhoods.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    7y

    stay ahead of jobs..    

    I think values in many markets have just about peaked for the time being.. which is OK.. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Provo, UT · Member since 2013 · 689 posts · 511 votes
    7y

    UT is an appreciation market right now - has been for several years and I wouldn't be surprised if it stays that way for several more years.  Rents vs. ownership / acquisition costs are ok.  Cashflow is not incredibly amazing, but appreciation here is good.

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    7y

    DC. You can be about break even in the city and some positive free cash flow in the suburbs. I put 25% down now instead of 20% in order to get a little bit more comfort room. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.