TITLE SEARCH GUARANTEED?

3 Replies

Hello,

I am buying a single family home in Florida,closing will happen in one week,

I am using a title company that handles the closing and that do the title search to be sure there are no liens,dues etc..

my question is what happens If it is said to be clear and clean and that when I resell the house in 2 months or 2 years or whatever some liens/debts/or others belonging before my first purchase date appears.. would that be possible? if yes what can I do to prevent this from happening,I did of course a bit of search myself but still,I am paying the title company for this so I expect them to do it right and especially to sleep well at night

Thank you

Originally posted by @Wayne Brooks :

That’s what the title insurance, in addition to the title search, you are paying them for covers.....the insurance itself is about 0.55% of purchase price.

Ok so basically there are no way for them to not honor their responsibility with this insurance, they would be forced to take care of it if I understand well? I just want to be precautious

A relative used this title company a few years and he seemed to say when he resold the house he discovered some remaining stuff he had to pay in order to sell the house, however I was unable to get more infos on his particular case

All the best

@Ron Alexander make sure you are using a company you know will be around for a long time.  You don't want to use a random abstract company that may go belly up in the next 5-10 years.