Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Edward R.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • La Fayette, NY
Votes |
Flip house: update 8 year old oak cabinets to newer maple ??

Edward R.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • La Fayette, NY
Posted Aug 16 2019, 19:32

Hey everyone. So I got my second flip a few months ago. 1400sq ranch house built in 1960's.  People lived in there past 20 years till foreclosed on. They update the kitchen with tile and flooring and new oak cabinets Shenadoah line.  They are only about 9 years old, in good shape/condition(surprisingly compared to rest of the house)  It's on your typical 10x10 kitchen.  IT's in a good working class neighborhood and things sell fairly quickly in this neighborhood and at a premium due to lower supply, especially for updated homes.  I've touched everything in theis house but the roof.  all new paint trim, crown moulding, HVAC  and A/c corrected electrical issues throughout, all news doors throughout.

Oh my point... should I update the kitchen cabs? and if so would  price really increase be worth it in this environment.   It's already getting new countertops and backsplace (the old had to go).

I have an opprtunity to pick up some decent brand new maple cabinets (shaker) from a spec home for $3,500.  trying to figure if it's worth the hassle.  thoughts?

Loading replies...