East Bay Auction Locations

4 Replies

Hey @Jonah Peralta   - 

I'm based in SF East Bay, but no experience with auctions. I would think that you could find public information from the various cities and counties. For example, Contra Costa County tax foreclosure sales seem to be listed on the County site below:

https://www.contracosta.ca.gov/2218/Public-Auction-Information

There are presumably paid services for bank auctions or other actions, such as those through the probate courts.

Going to the court finding out 98% scheduled auctions are pulled. Owners got an extension, filed bankruptcy, cancelled. Most bidders bringing cashiers checks feel uncomfortable without knowing the inside condition.  There are lists they will sell to you about coming properties and $ realized by subscription only.  The announced listing is not on the schedule. So you can plan for it. 
You do better bid online through Xomes, Auction etc. Some allows you view in advance. Many don't. 

Most auctions are pulled for what ever reasons. Example, we went to an auction for Contra Costa County which, by the way, is located at the Pleasant Hill Community Center, and started with 27 scheduled Auctions.

At the auction, they have you sit and wait until the properties are legally cleared for auction. After two hours of waiting, all but one property had been pulled for one reason or another. 

For tax foreclosures, I've found bid 4 assets to be accurate.

Many of the auctions in Contra Costa are held by auction.com  Good Luck!

Originally posted by @David Gotsill :

Hey @Jonah Peralta   - 

I'm based in SF East Bay, but no experience with auctions.  I would think that you could find public information from the various cities and counties.  For example, Contra Costa County tax foreclosure sales seem to be listed on the County site below:

https://www.contracosta.ca.gov/2218/Public-Auction-Information

There are presumably paid services for bank auctions or other actions, such as those through the probate courts.  

Probate court auctions are deemed private but open to the public. Usually held at the county courthouse or the attorney's office who's representing the PR representing the estate..